1381 Hymettus, Encinitas, California 92024$1,595,000
Breathtaking, rarely available, single story home on .29 acres is located west of I-5 on one of the most coveted streets in Encinitas. A short walk/bike away from Beacons and Ponto beaches, restaurants and shopping along hwy 101, the famous Leucadia Farmer’s Market and The Pannikin Coffee and Tea. Lush, tropical mature landscaping provides ultimate privacy in a setting that makes you feel like you are at a Hawaiian resort. The property has a unique variety of mature palms with some reaching over 40 ft. tall, colorful shrubs and flora, mature fruit trees, in-ground hot tub with new mechanicals, meditation gazebo, organic vegetable garden, and large grassy areas in front and back. The cost to replicate this landscaping today would be hundreds of thousands of dollars and virtually impossible to do.
The home also features a variety of unique custom high-end elements and upgrades unlike any other:
• Custom teak garage door and gate leading you into the expansive front courtyard
• Custom mahogany Dutch front door
• 7 sets of Pella French doors create open flow between the inside and out
• 7 skylights/solatubes fill the home with natural light
• Rare Australian cypress full ¾” hardwood flooring freshly refinished with commercial-grade Bona Traffic topcoat and pillow-edged travertine tile flooring throughout
• Great Room: Distressed wood-lined vaulted ceiling with open beam details, 2 ceiling fans, programmable light switches with dimmer controlled track lighting, skylights with blinds and wired for surround sound
• Kitchen: Granite counters, Kitchen Aid range/oven/microwave, Sub Zero refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, one-of-a kind custom imported leaded cross-hatch windows opening to side yard and custom vintage Dutch door window opening to front entry, wood lined cathedral ceiling with custom iron detail and lighting, pendant lights over island
• Master Bath/Bedroom: New Restoration Hardware vanity with Carrera marble top, built-in Bluetooth lighted bathroom speaker, dual walk-in “his and hers” closets
• Loft/hideaway children’s playspace in 3rd bedroom with built-in ladder
• A/C and whole house fan on adaptive learning, app-controlled Nest thermostat
• Home is wired for sound with speakers and a built-in media hub cabinet
Tiki torches line the paved walkway that winds you through the lush and expansive back yard. Here you can pick an abundance of your own fruit: avocados, oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, loquat, pomegranate and guava or let the kids set up a fruit stand at the end of the driveway. The meditation gazebo is covered in Concord grape vines and provides a peaceful and private nook covered in Morning Glory vine and featuring an ethanol fireplace. There is so much more to this tropical oasis, a true one of a kind and must see!
1381 Hymettus, Encinitas, California 92024
Interested In This Property?
Owning a home is a great investment and it is key to plan your mortgage payments ahead of time. Calculate for your monthly mortgage using our free calculator below.